Thursday, October 29, 2009
10 Ways to Know If You Have Spent Too Much Time In Mexico
You Know You Are a Long Term Mexican Resident When:
1. Your cousin/friend is named Chuy and you dont think 'as in Bacca, right?'
2. You follow the smartest neighborhood dog to cross the street
3. You genuflect not only at Mass, but outside churches and in theaters on instinct
4. You think the local things tourists find as 'quirky and quiant' slightly annoying
5. You are no longer scared to ride in the car with Mateo Cunao
6. It does not bother you that a policeman is holding a rifle and is texting at the same time
7. You know the words to horrible Banda songs...and even worse, it has some relevance to your life.
8. You see a "Day of Dead" altar with Coke and think 'they could be mine'.
9. You find nothing out of the normal with taking the kids to the graveyard for lunch
10. You stop noticing when someone parks a donkey in your parking space